A power bank is an external battery that allows you to recharge your mobile wherever and whenever you want. This accessory becomes essential for travelers who stay long hours in a means of transport without being able to recharge their phone.
With the security of an external battery for the mobile, you can enjoy your applications, social networks and games like Fortnite without worrying about the life time of the battery. At Aussie Power Bank we will help you choose the best power bank that meets the needs and budget you really need.
Here you can see a classification of the different types of Power banks that you can find on our website:
How does a PowerBank works? Features
Basically, a powerbank is a lithium battery with an electronic circuit board (PCB) that controls its operation.
When we connect the mobile to recharge through the USB port, the power bank identifies the connected device and supplies it with the necessary current that the device can receive.
The following image indicates the basic components of a power bank, as you can see its construction is simple:
- PCB: Integrated circuit that regulates voltage and protects the lithium battery from overloads. A USB and micro USB port is attached to charge respectively devices and the lithium battery of the powerbank itself.
- 18650 lithium ion battery of a specific capacity (mAh) and voltage (~ 3.7V).
How to recharge a PowerBank correctly?
Like a mobile, a power bank is recharged through a charger, connecting it to its Micro USB or USB C input port.
Additionally, most current power banks, especially high-capacity models, incorporate the Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) or Power Delivery (PD) fast charging protocol at their input port.
For this reason, we must distinguish the 2 types of recharging that we can find in a power bank:
- Standard Recharge: it is the conventional charge that is made with any charger at a voltage of 5V.
- Quick Recharge: it is a new charging system that works with a higher voltage (9V or 12V). Requires the use of a charger and cable compatible with this technology.
The more that you read, the more things you will know…
- Jump Starter – Buying Guide 2020 in Australia
- Best Wireless Charger for Mobile in Australia – Buying Guide 2020
- Best Solar Phone Charger – Buying Guide 2020